Compere: John Tams
- 16.00-16.25 Fairport Acoustic
- 16.30-17.20 Kieran Goss (FC winter tour support 2012)
- 17.40-19.00 Legend
- 19.30-21.00 Bellowhead
- 21.30-23.00 Squeeze
Compere: Bobby Bragg
- 12.00-12.40 Ioscaid
- 13.00-14.00 Ellen & The Escapades
- 14.20-15.20 Dead Flamingoes
- 15.45-16.45 Tarras
- 17.05-18.15 Larkin Poe
- 18.40 -20.10 The Saw Doctors
- 20.30 -22.00 Richard Thompson (solo)
- 22.30 -00.00 Joan Armatrading (and band)
Compere: Bobby Bragg
Cropredy Fringe (events in the village)
Thursday August 9
2pm-7pm at The Red Lion
- Rainy And The Dust. Garden Stage 12pm
- The Toy Hearts. Garden Stage, 2pm
- The Roving Crows, Garden Stage, 4pm
- Dave Onions. Bar, 8pm
2pm-7pm at The Red Lion
Please check websites of The Red Lion or The Brasenose for confirmed details/timings of Fringe bands. Got news of Fringe events or other Cropredy happenings? Please get in touch with us!
|NOT the Festival bus...|
Fairport announce that former band members Ashley Hutchings, Richard Thompson, Dave Swarbrick, Dave Mattacks, Jerry Donahue, and Maartin Allcock will all be appearing on stage with Fairport Convention at Cropredy this year ... plus other "special guests".
- From Fairport:
"The traditional Fairport Convention warm-up gigs for Cropredy 2012 will be held at Woodford Halse Social Club on the 6th & 7th of August.
This being an anniversary year, we have invited quite a few ex-Fairport guests for our Saturday night celebration and the large Woodford Halse stage is perfect for fitting everyone in.
This year, weather permitting, the Social Club will be having a BBQ outside before the show and those wishing to bring their campervans may park up in the ample WHSC car park overnight. "
Tickets are on sale now.
- Official release:
Fairport's Cropredy Convention takes place on Thursday 9, Friday 10 and Saturday 11 August 2012 at its usual site on farmland north of Banbury, Oxfordshire, three miles from Junction 11 of the M40 motorway.
Tickets will go on sale from today (Friday 17 February). As in previous years, the festival offers one-day, two-day and three-day tickets which are exclusively available from www.fairportconvention.com with a substantial discount for early booking.
Headliners for 2012 include Big Country, Joan Armatrading and Squeeze. The customary Saturday night closing performance from host band Fairport Convention will be preceded by a set from former Dr Hook frontman Dennis Locorriere.
Former Fairport member Richard Thompson is a regular at Cropredy and this year he will be playing a solo set on Friday evening. Folkrock orchestra Bellowhead and reggae band Legend both return to the festival by popular demand.
As well as established big name acts, this year's Fairport's Cropredy Convention will showcase up-and-coming young bands. There will be a set by the winner of the BBC Radio 2 Young Folk Award, Ioscaid, a six-piece traditional Irish band. Other emerging young bands include Calan, Ellen And The Escapades, Larkin Poe and Brother & Bones.
"Cropredy has always thrived on variety," says Simon Nicol, Fairport's lead singer and festival co-organiser, "and we are particularly proud to feature so many younger artists this year. The music we've selected ranges from pop and rock to reggae and folk, a line-up to appeal to most tastes and age groups."
"We don't usually put tickets on sale until March," Mr Nicol says, "but because demand has been so heavy in recent years we've opened our box office earlier than usual. We advise festival-goers to get their orders in quickly."
Musical highlights from Fairport's Cropredy Convention have been broadcast on Sky Arts 1 HD television channel for the past two years and the 2012 event will also be recorded for transmission later in the year.
Fairport Convention is celebrating 45 years as a working band during 2012 and will feature in a hour-long music documentary to be broadcast on BBC Four television this summer.
Prices for tickets purchased before 1 June 2012 are:
- Three-day tickets £100
- Two-day tickets £90
- Saturday-only £7
- Three-day tickets £105
- Two-day tickets £95
- Saturday-only £75
- Three-day tickets £110
- Two-day tickets £100
- Saturday-only £80
- Children under 12 years old are admitted free provided they are accompanied by an adult ticket holder.
- Camping is charged per vehicle (up to five occupants). For added convenience and security, tents are erected next to the camping party's vehicle.
- Three-day camping costs £35 per vehicle, two-day camping costs £30 per vehicle.
- Camping on Saturday night is free for people with a festival ticket.
- Motorcyclists, cyclists and pedestrians camp free of charge.
- Online ticket purchase from www.fairportconvention.com
- Telephone ticket purchase from 0900 637 1644 (Note that the call will cost 50p from a BT landline).
- Postal ticket purchase from PO Box 8413, Bilsthorpe, Notts NG22 8WY
Other news: Sources suggest that the Red Lion pub in Cropredy, which has been closed since before Christmas, is due to reopen on Monday February 20th.
Fairport announce: "We'll be announcing the full Cropredy 2012 line-up and putting the tickets on sale this Friday!"