Their new studio album, The Antiquated & The Arcane (out on 1st November) draws heavily from 3 Daft Monkeys experiences on the road and takes the listener on "a rollercoaster journey via the frenetic, the serene and the surreal".
Named in homage to the band’s local “Antiquated and the Arcane Society” where weird and wacky characters meet to talk about unusual or strange occurrences in Cornwall throughout history, it is an anthology of stories both shared with, and experienced by, the Monkeys.
With a line-up consisting of Fiddle (Athene), 12 String Guitar (Tim) and Bass (Jamie), 3 Daft Monkeys weave world music influences around classic folk melodies.
The band's DIY approach to the music industry has seen them sell thousands of copies of each of their previous three albums without the backing of any record labels or widespread media attention (maybe FolkCast played a small part...).
Their reputation as one of the best live acts on the circuit has been earned from almost non-stop touring, whether that be on 40 date tours across the length and breadth of the UK, or playing to over 20,000 people at festivals including Cropredy, which led to them receiving the rare honour of being invited back the following year.
3 Daft Monkeys - The Antiquated & The Arcane Tour 2010
(click venue names for linkies!)
- Sat 23rd - The Wharf, Tavistock.
- Sun 24th - The Vic, Swindon.
- Tues 26th - Borderline, London.
- Wed 27th - Jam, Brighton.
- Thurs 28th - Mr. Kyps, Poole.
- Fri 29th - Marr's Bar, Worcester.
- Sat 30th - The Met, Bury.
- Tues 2nd - Cox's Yard, Stratford.
- Wed 3rd - Slade Rooms, Wolves.
- Thurs 4th - The Boileroom, Guildford.
- Fri 5th - Phoenix, Exeter.
- Sat 6th - The Bullingdon, Oxford.
- Sun 7th - Trades Club, Hebden Bridge.
- Tues 9th - Academy 3, Manchester.
- Wed 10th - Fibbers, York.
- Thurs 11th - Guildhall, Gloucester.
- Fri 12th - Quarterhouse, Folkstone.
- Sat 13th - Thekla, Bristol.
- Sun 14th - The Old Bell, Derby.